1. The structure of the subsistence minimum has been revised
The subsistence minimum (SM) consists of two parts:
- food, determined on the basis of the composition and value of the food basket;
- non-food, which includes the cost of non-food goods and services.
In 2018, the share of non-food part of the subsistence minimum was increased from 40% to 45%. As a result, all social payments associated with the subsistence minimum for more than 3 million citizens of Kazakhstan increased to 16% compared to last year.
2. Since January 1, 2018, a new format of address social assistance has been introduced
This was done within the framework of the 84th step of the Nation plan-100 concrete steps to implement five institutional reforms. The criterion of its provision (poverty line) has been increased from 40% to 50% of the subsistence minimum. Within the framework of the new ASA format, the principle of comprehensive support for low-income citizens: cash payment; measures to promote employment (direction to training, youth practice, social jobs, micro-credit); guaranteed volume of social services has been introduced.
In 2018, address social assistance was assigned to 571 thousand people or 111 thousand families.
ASA in the new format is divided into 2 types: unconditional and conditional cash assistance.
1) Unconditional cash assistance is provided for families with disabled citizens or families in which the only able-bodied family member for objective reasons is unable to find a job (takes care of a child under the age of seven, a disabled child, a disabled person of the first or second group, the elderly in need of external care and assistance).
In 2018, 83 thousand people or 14.5% received unconditional cash assistance.
In order to receive unconditional cash assistance, compulsory participation in employment promotion measures is not required. It is assigned to the current quarter from the month of application and is paid monthly.
2) Conditional cash assistance is provided for families with at least one able-bodied member and is subject to the conclusion of a social contract with such a family and the faithful fulfillment of its terms.
In 2018, 488 thousand people or 85.5% received conditional cash assistance.
For each family, the regional Offices for the coordination of employment and social programs, as well as the population service centers, draw up an individual plan, including measures of employment and social adaptation, and conclude a social contract. The contract, which is concluded for a period of 6 months with the possibility of extending it for another 6 months, prescribes the obligations of the parties to implement active measures of employment and social adaptation.
Conditional cash assistance is assigned from the month of application and is paid monthly or at the same time for the period of the social contract.
Thus, for the first time in the practice of social protection, the potential of the family to get out of poverty is stimulated and work is carried out with all able-bodied family members, not only with the applicant.
3. The special state allowance for disabled persons is combined with the state social allowance in case of disability
This simplified the procedure of registration of allowance. The total amount of payment received has not decreased.
In total 519,5 million people received state disability allowance.
- 271.5 thousand persons with disabilities are provided with the necessary technical AIDS to rehabilitation, including modern Surdo-and tiflotechnical means;
- 40 lower limb prostheses were manufactured using modern 3-D technologies;
- 182 people covered by the services for the acquisition, replacement and configuration of speech processors;
- the period of aural rehabilitation of children with cochlear implants increased from 15 to 40 days during the year, which allows to increase its effectiveness.
295.5 billion KZT was allocated from the republican budget for social protection of persons with disabilities in 2018, which is 17.4% more than in 2017.
In 2019, the amount of state disability allowance (for general morbidity) is: for 1 group – 57 021 KZT; for 2 group – 45 438 KZT; for 3 group – 30 886 KZT.
4. The implementation of the third stage of the action Plan to ensure the rights and improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2012-2018 has been completed.
As part of its implementation in 2018:
- 17 043 road signs and signs, as well as 540 pedestrian crossings in the locations of organizations focused on the service of persons with disabilities were installed;
- "Invataxi" service has been introduced everywhere to ensure the delivery of persons with disabilities to social facilities;
- support sign language translation broadcasting of news programs on 28 regional TV channels was provided;
- standards providing obligatory hygienic means 2 times were increased;
- time of rendering services of the sign language specialist is increased from 30 to 60 hours a year.
In 2018, 5.6 billion KZT was allocated for the implementation of this Plan.
Also, since July 2018 in seven regions of the country the pilot on correspondence survey, without personal presence of the citizen, on the basis of medical data (Akmola, Karaganda, Kostanay, Pavlodar, WKR and Astana, Almaty) is carried out.
The decision to establish disability is taken remotely, excluding direct contact of the service provider and citizens.
In case of disability establishment, the state allowance and social payments for disability from the SSIF are assigned automatically.
Currently, a National Plan to ensure the rights and improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities until 2025 is being developed with the participation of NGO involving international experts.
5. A new type of state allowance to the persons performing care of the invalid of the first group of childhood over the age of 18 was introduced
In pursuance of the instructions of the Head of state, a new type of state allowance has been introduced since July 1, 2018. The amount of this allowance is 1.05 of the subsistence minimum.
This allowance is granted for life, in addition, the time of care for the disabled is taken into account as the length of service in the appointment of pension payments for seniority.
During the six months o f last year, 11.5 thousand people received this allowance in the amount of 2.1 billion KZT.
In 2019, the amount of such allowance is 31 183 KZT, the amount of funds provided is 6.0 billion KZT.
6. Payments from the SSIF for disability and loss of breadwinner allowance increased by 16%
Compulsory social insurance in RK is an additional level of social protection of working citizens in the event of social risks.
Today, the system of compulsory social insurance covers 6 million working citizens.
In 2018, almost 800 thousand people received payments from the Fund in the amount of 190 billion KZT:
– on disability-83 thousand people in the amount of 12 billion KZT;
- loss of breadwinner-45 thousand people in the amount of 8.7 billion KZT;
- the loss of work-47.6 thousand people in the amount of 3.6 billion KZT;
- loss of income due to pregnancy and childbirth-188 thousand people in the amount of 69 billion KZT;
- loss of income due to child care up to 1 year – 429 thousand people in the amount of 96 billion KZT.
87% of the total amount of payments made payments to pregnant women and parents who care for a child up to 1 year.
Also, the amount of long-term social payments for disability and loss of breadwinner is increased annually, which are assigned until a person regains working capacity or reaches retirement age, until the age of majority of children left without a breadwinner or up to 23 years of full-time students.
Since January 1, 2018, the amount of payments to 62,678 disabled persons and 37,424 recipients for children left without a breadwinner has been increased by 16%, which has a positive impact on the income level of recipients.
7. The procedure for calculating the basic pension payment has been changed
From July 1, 2018, the basic pension is established depending on the length of participation in the pension system differentially to the length of service from 54% to 100% of the subsistence minimum, depending on the length of service.
As a result, the average size of the basic pension increased 1.8 times compared to 2017 and amounted to 25 835 KZT (as of January 1, 2019).
In 2018, the minimum amount of pension, taking into account the basic pension, amounted to 49,019 KZT, the average pension-81,062 KZT (as of 1.01 2019), the maximum amount – 111,257 KZT.
The number of pensioners is about 2.2 million people. Expenses for payment of solidarity and basic pensions last year amounted to 1 963.1 billion KZT.
8. The category of recipients of special state allowance has been expanded
The category of recipients of special state allowance, such as Heroes of the Soviet Union, holders of the order of Glory of three degrees, the person awarded the honorary title of "Kazakstannyn Garyshker - Ushkyshy" was expanded by the holders of the title of "Halyk Kakharmany" and "Kazakstannyn Enbek Eri".
The amount of allowance is 138,63 MCI or 351 041 KZT in 2019 in a month.
For today, 10 holders of the title "Halyk Kakharmany" and 21 "Kazakstannyn Enbek Eri" receive this allowance, which is assigned for life, regardless of income.
9. 13 state services are provided in electronic format
In 2018, 7.7 million state services were provided in the sphere of social security, including 4.1 million in electronic format.
As a result of the development of electronic services, savings amounted to about 922 million KZT, the time of service providers and citizens – about 340 thousand days.
The work was carried out in two directions:
9.1. A proactive service for the birth of a child has been launched
It became possible to assign social allowance for the birth of a child and child care up to 1 year without the applicants applications.
9.2. Upgraded pension service launched
This means that the appointment of solidarity, basic and funded pension types is carried out on the basis of one application, and the payment of state guarantees is made in a proactive mode.
10. The state annuity company is among the three leaders in insurance payments
"Life insurance company "State annuity company" JSC is one of the socially significant segments of the social security system, implementing the state policy in the field of compulsory insurance of employees against accidents in the performance of their employment (official) duties and pension insurance.
Recipients of insurance payments in "LIC "SAC" JSC are about 10 thousand people. The total amount of insurance payments amounted to more than 2.2 billion KZT. Of these, 1 billion KZT of insurance payments were received by customers who have signed a pension annuity agreement.
11. The exhibition "The best social projects in the Republic of Kazakhstan" was held
On September 28, 2018, the Republican exhibition "The best social projects in the Republic of Kazakhstan" was held in Astana.
This exhibition is aimed at attracting the attention of civil society to solving the problems of citizens who find themselves in a difficult life situation, creating equal opportunities for them and developing creative potential.
Winner of first place was the author of the social project "Free lunch for pensioners and the needy" Temerbayeva Rasima Khadyrovna (Almaty).
Two second places awarded to the author of the social project "Centre for development of art therapy "El-Nazy" - Zhanabilov Kenzhebek Tursynbaiuly (Almaty);
- the author of the social project "Electrical box – barrier-free life in a wheelchair" - Karabasov Nurbolat Berikbayevich (Almaty region).
Two third places were awarded to: - the author of the social project "Umit saulesi" - Medieva Marzhan Tokenovna (Mangystau region);
the author of the social project "Meikaton "TOM Kazakhstan" - Arapova Sania Gamalievna (Astana).
Special prizes were awarded to the authors of the following social projects in five main areas of the competition:
- "Soul index" - an integrated model of alternative social services for people with mental health problems " - Akmola region;
- "Green TAL" - Astana;
- "Re-socialization of convicts and preparation for normal social adaptation in society" - Akmola region;
- "Zhurekten zhurekke" - Zhambyl region;
- "Volunteer movement changes the world!"- Almaty.
The authors of social projects-the winners of ONLINE VOTING, who received the largest number of votes, were awarded cash certificates:
- "With good - in every home" - 5 181 votes, Kustauletov Askhat Umarovich;
- "Psychological preparation of HIV-positive adolescents and their parents to disclose their status and socio-psychological adaptation of adolescents after disclosure of status" - 3 803 votes, Zhazykbaeva Zhannet Kanaevna;
- "Under the roof garden-vitamins all year round" - 3 757 voices, Kachura Svetlana Iosifovna.
In addition, according to the decision of the Central competition commission, all 55 winners of regional competitions were awarded "Letter of thanks", gifts and flowers.
The exhibition was attended by deputies of the Parliament of RK, councilors of akim for disabled people, representatives of "Nur Otan" party, state bodies, public associations of disabled people, international organizations, etc.
12. Work was carried out to increase the minimum wage on January 1, 2019 by 1.5 times
The increase in wages affected about 1 million employees of 320 thousand organizations, whose incomes were below 42.5 thousand KZT, the growth of which will average up to 30%.
Also, the increase affected 275 thousand civil servants. These are, first of all, employees of budgetary organizations in the field of education, health care, social services, culture and sports, with secondary special education without categories and a small length of service, as well as workers from 1 to 4 categories.
To finance the increase of their wages in the republican budget for 2019-2021, 86 billion KZT is provided annually at the expense of the Government reserve.
13. The program of development of productive employment and mass entrepreneurship for 2017-2021 received the status of the State program "Enbek"
Program provides comprehensive measures of state support for training, starting their own business, employment.
In 2018, the measures of the Program covered 628 thousand people, including unemployed-509 thousand people and self-employed-119 thousand people.
Program provides an opportunity for young people to get their first working profession free of charge. You can also learn popular professions and skills. About 80 thousand people took advantage of this opportunity last year.
14. Increased volume of micro-credits
On behalf of the Head of state, 20 billion KZT was allocated for the expansion of micro-credit within the framework of the Fourth social initiative.
The total amount of financing for micro-credit in 2018 amounted to 62 billion KZT. Of these, 45 billion KZT (73%) was allocated for lending in rural areas, 17 billion KZT (27%) in cities.
Totally 14 053 micro-credits were issued. Of these, 12 367 people are self-employed, 1 686 unemployed have the opportunity to engage in business, as well as to formalize their activities.
The average size of micro-credits in rural areas amounted to 3.5 million KZT, and in cities – 11 million KZT.
Out of the issued micro-credits, 9 772 micro-credits (70%) were allocated to support Start-up projects, 1,024 micro-credits (7%) for the development of a new direction of anchor cooperation, and 3,257 micro-credits (23%) for the expansion of own business.
In addition, 12,613 jobs have been created by recipients of micro-credit in rural areas.
15. Electronic labour exchange was launched
All Employment centers of the regions, 7 Internet sites are connected to the portal in the online mode: hipo.kz, market.kz, rabota.nur.kz, zarplata.kz, rabota.kz, ilovepeople.pro, Jumys.sitcen.kz
Employers remotely post information about vacancies, as well as access to the database of job seekers, view their contact details, select applicants, invite to interviews and receive responses to vacancies.
For applicants, the functionality according to the location of the summary, the automatic selection of vacancies, receiving the invitation to interview and notification of employment from employers was implemented. They are also provided with testing for professional orientation.
The portal services were used by more than 95 thousand employers, 632 thousand job seekers, 549 thousand job seekers were employed.
The portal contains more than 805 thousand vacancies, more than 537 thousand resumes from employers, employment centers, private employment agencies and job seekers.
On a regular basis, the portal is replenished with vacancies from 4 media of Astana and Almaty: Info-media, Work for all, Employment and training, Reference service 1423.
51 private employment agencies from all regions have registered a personal account on the portal and use ELE to carry out their activities.
Further development of the Labor exchange provides for registration and conclusion of electronic labor contracts on its basis.
Also, the Labor exchange will become a platform for professional training, where employers will be able to declare the demanded personnel, and educational organizations - about training courses.
16. A new format of employment centers has been introduced
Employment centers are moving to a proactive and paperless format of work with job seekers and employers. All procedures in the work of centers are automated as much as possible, and contacts with both job seekers and employers are built on the principles of "one window", targeting and result orientation.
Interaction between job seekers and employers with Employment centers is implemented through the Electronic labor exchange, by phone and e-mail.
Job search and recruitment is carried out through a single online platform (based on the Internet portal enbek.kz).
As a result of the assessment of the level and quality of skills of persons registered as unemployed, an individual employment plan for the unemployed is formed.
In the country, 117 EC or 59% have completed the rebranding, the rest continue to work in this direction.
The proposed changes will expand labour market institutions that provide employment promotion services, ensure their accessibility to citizens and improve quality through competition.
In 2018, 543.6 thousand people applied to Employment centers, which is 6.5% more than in the same period of 2017.
294.5 thousand people were employed for permanent work. Of these, more than 20% of citizens are employed in the framework of electronic labor mediation between the EC, the employer and the job seeker.
In total 588,1 thousand job vacancies was registered, in comparison with the same period of 2017 to more of 259.8 million (or 79%).
17. The work on the introduction of a Unified accumulative payment
On December 26, 2018, the Law "On amendments and additions to some legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on issues of population employment" was adopted.
The draft Law was developed in accordance with the instructions of the Head of state in order to formalize the activities and ensure the participation of self-employed people in social security systems.
The main novelty of the Bill is the introduction from January 1, 2019 of a new legal regime of the Unified accumulative payment (UAP), providing for a simplified procedure for registration of business activities of informally employed citizens.
Payment of the UAP allows not only to register business activities, but also to participate in the system of compulsory medical and social insurance, pensions.
Minimum rates for income tax and social payments are set for UAP payers, in the amount of 1 MCI for cities of republican significance, the capital and regional significance and at the level of half of the MCI for residents of other settlements.
The UAP combines 4 mandatory payments for all working citizens of Kazakhstan into one single payment.
The shares of the Unified accumulative payment will be: 40%-contributions to the Compulsory social medical insurance fund; 30% – pension payments to the Unified accumulative pension fund; 20% – social contributions to the State social insurance fund; 10% for individual income tax.
The UAP applies to individuals engaged in income-generating activities, subject to the following conditions:
1) do not use the labor of employees;
2) perform work, provide services for individuals.;
3) sell agricultural products from the operation of a personal subsidiary farm for consumption by individuals.
At the same time, the maximum income for the calendar year should not exceed 1,175 MCI.
For other categories of citizens, the current procedure for paying taxes and social payments is maintained.
In general, the introduction of the UAP for informal employed will allow:
to participate in the system of compulsory social health insurance and get access to medical services, unlimited in amount and type, with the right to choose a medical institution;
to participate in the accumulative pension system and receive a basic pension payment depending on the length of participation in the system;
to receive social payments in cases of disability, loss of breadwinner, pregnancy and childbirth, adoption of a child, child care up to 1 year from the SSIF.
18. A new General agreement on social partnership for 2018-2020 has been concluded
This agreement is concluded between the Government and the republican associations of employers and trade unions. It sets out the principles of social responsibility of the state, employers and employees, mutual respect and the maximum possible compromise of their interests.
Today there are 22 sectoral, 16 regional agreements, more than 93 thousand collective agreements, 94.4% of them for large and medium-sized enterprises, 37.2% of small enterprises.
During 2018, 78 meetings of the regional tripartite commissions on social partnership and regulation of social and labor relations were held.
19. A new National classification of occupations has been introduced
In order to form qualified specialists of the new formation, active work to improve the National system of qualifications is held in Kazakhstan.
Since 2018, there is a new National classification of occupations, which includes 1,274 detailed occupations instead of 426 enlarged and more than 12,000 professions and positions.
This will allow to conduct a qualitatively new analysis of the labor market, as well as to predict the need for labor resources in the context of narrow specialties.
Methodological recommendations for the development of professional standards and industry qualifications frameworks have been updated.
70 professional standards have been developed in 15 priority areas of the economy. 60 professional standards were approved by Orders of "Atameken" NCE.
Taking into account professional standards and employers' requirements for qualifications, 70 educational programs of secondary and higher qualification have been developed.
In 2019, the Ministry together with the National chamber of entrepreneurs will develop about 250 professional standards for the most popular professions.
20. The status of citizens is being updated
Status update is carried out by:
1) electronic government portal-on www.egov.kz , where the social status check function is available. If the status is not defined, the person fills in the form and registers his/her status;
2) PSC-when applying for the service, the PSC employee reports the absence of status to the applicant by IIN and offers possible options for determining the status:
- redirects for registration to the eGov portal or EC;
- carries out registration on-site by filling in the form.
3) "Kazakhtelecom" JSC - when citizens appeal to "Kazakhtelecom" JSC, the operator reports on absence of social status and provides information about registration status canals (eGov or in EC).