In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 29, 2016 No. 919, a new Program "Development of productive employment and mass entrepreneurship for 2017-2021" (hereinafter - the Program) was adopted. In this connection, the "Road map of employment 2020" program is put on the loss.
At the same time, the Program provides for mass training, especially for young people, of professions (specialties) in demand on the labor market, including training specialists for the "green economy".
In the first direction of the Program, training is carried out by two mechanisms:
the first is a free vocational education on the basis of colleges lasting up to 2.5 years;
the second - short-term courses for a period of 1 to 6 months.
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 317 colleges started training in the following professions:
agriculture - 2,850 people;
transport - 4 078 people;
construction - 2,725 people;
basic industry - 1 335 people.
Short-term courses are conducted:
1) in educational organizations with dual elements of training;
2) through the training centers of employers who are included in the register of SPE "Atameken";
3) through mobile training centers.
Training is conducted on the professions demanded in the labor market (in the field of agriculture, construction, light industry, tourism and services, catering).
Of them are trained:
- for construction specialties (painter, plasterer, concrete worker, etc.) - 1096 people;
- for the specialties of agriculture (veterinarian, farmer, beekeeper, vegetable grower, etc.) - 1054 people;
- in technical professions (electrician, turner, welder, locksmith, etc.) - 11 579 people;
- for specialties for the transport sphere (driver, tractor driver, tractor operator, machinist (crane, boilers, excavator, bulldozer), etc.) - 7 519 people;
- in the field of plant growing (forester, florist, landscaper, landscape designer) - 103 people.
Until 2022, it is planned to cover short-term training, including for the "green economy", from the number of the unemployed and the self-employed population over 258 thousand people.