June 9, 2016 in Astana, the Fourth meeting of the Kazakh - Bulgarian Intergovernmental Commission on economic cooperation (further – IGC) co-chaired by the Minister of Healthcare and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan Duisenova Tamara Kasymovna from the Kazakh side and from the Bulgarian side under the co-chairmanship of the Minister of regional development and public works of the Republic of Bulgaria of Liliana Pavlova.
From the Bulgarian side was attended by 70 delegates, including members of Parliament, Deputy Ministers of economy, energy, tourism and other representatives of state bodies and business communities.
During the meeting, the IGC discussed the issues of development of Kazakh-Bulgarian relations and had a constructive exchange of views among members of delegations.
According to the results of the IGC, the Parties agreed:
- on the expansion of information exchange on the development of the economy, markets and regulatory framework of both countries;
- to assist in the participation of companies in exhibitions and fairs held in the two countries and exchange of visits of business circles;
- enhanced role of chambers of Commerce, unions of entrepreneurs and associations of producers to enhance relations between business entities of both countries;
- the development of agriculture and noted that there is significant potential to enhance cooperation in the areas such as the cultivation and protection of plants, veterinary and phytosanitary, food safety, animal and other areas;
- about necessity of signing of the Memorandum of understanding between the service computer incident response of KZ-CERT and CERT.BG, because of the growing threats to cyber security;
- about the necessity of signing Agreements in the field of sport and physical culture;
- the signing of Memorandum of cooperation between BJ-Freight transport" LTD and JSC "KTZ Express" and noted its importance in the development of bilateral cooperation in the field of railway transport and increase the volume of cargo transportation in the direction Asia-Europe and back;
- to assist in the signing of a Memorandum of cooperation between JSC "Institute of electricity development and energy saving" and the Bulgarian energy efficiency Fund and renewable sources;
- the acceleration of the signing of the Treaty between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Bulgaria on the transfer of sentenced persons.
At the meeting the Parties also agreed to expand cooperation in trade and economic relations, regional development, development, construction, housing and utilities, agriculture, communications and information technology, transport, energy and efficiency, tourism, sports, Healthcare and Social Development, education and science and etc.
The Bulgarian side invited the Kazakh side to take part in the International fair in Plovdiv in the period from 26 September to 1 October 2016.
The Kazakh side invited the Bulgarian side to take part in 10-th Astana economic forum in Astana in May 2017, as well as in international exhibitions held in the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2016.
Following the meeting, the IGC co-chairs signed a Protocol of the Fourth meeting of the Kazakh-Bulgarian intergovernmental Commission on economic cooperation.
In the framework of the IGC was organized a bilateral meeting of the co-chairman of the Bulgarian delegation to L. Pavlova, First Deputy Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Bakytzhan Sagintayev B. A. and Deputy Chairman of JSC "National Holding "Baiterek" Ibragimova L. E., Minister for investment and development of Kazakhstan Isekeshev A. O.
There was also held a bilateral meeting of the members of the National Assembly of the Republic of Bulgaria with the Chairman of the Committee of Mazhilis for social and cultural development of Kazakhstan Iksanova G. M. took place the meeting of Deputy Minister of economy of Bulgaria, L. Petrov, Vice-Minister National economics Zhaksylykov T. M., Deputy Minister of energy of the Republic of Bulgaria Stankova J., Vice-Minister of energy of Kazakhstan Bakytzhan Murzagaliyeva M. M. and with the Deputy Chairman of JSC "NC KazMunaiGas" - the General Director of JSC "KazTransOil" by Shmanov N. N.
In the framework of IASC held the Kazakhstan-Bulgarian Business forum with the participation of over 150 representatives of business circles of both countries.
During the Business forum were presented investment opportunities of Kazakhstan and Bulgaria, with the assistance of the Ministry for investment and development of Kazakhstan and JSC "KAZNEX INVEST" held negotiations for further trade-economic cooperation between business circles of both countries and presented the Program of industrialization of Kazakhstan for 2015-2019, and new package of incentives for investors.
According to the results of Business-forum KAZNEX INVEST" signed a Memorandum of understanding with the Bulgarian chamber of Commerce and industry.